About to order some wheels!

Kevin81

SHO Member
Reaction score
....and just figured I'd check in with you fine folks first. I haven't been here too much this past season, but I'm hoping to make a bit of a comeback. Anyway...the wheels I want, I found on Carid.com. Vertini RFS1.7 Matte Black Face with gloss lip. I have 2 options...19' x 8.5, or 20' x 9. 5x108-130 bolt pattern, 54.1 - 74.1 hub. Says they'll fit. So I'm leaning towards the 20x9, as I want to run 255-265s, even though I'd prefer a smaller diameter to be able to run a tire with a little more sidewall.

Won't let me copy and paste an image.

What do you guys think?

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderators
Reaction score
....and just figured I'd check in with you fine folks first. I haven't been here too much this past season, but I'm hoping to make a bit of a comeback. Anyway...the wheels I want, I found on Carid.com. Vertini RFS1.7 Matte Black Face with gloss lip. I have 2 options...19' x 8.5, or 20' x 9. 5x108-130 bolt pattern, 54.1 - 74.1 hub. Says they'll fit. So I'm leaning towards the 20x9, as I want to run 255-265s, even though I'd prefer a smaller diameter to be able to run a tire with a little more sidewall.

Won't let me copy and paste an image.

What do you guys think?

I'd go with the 19s if you want a little more side wall. I would, but that's just me.

Kevin81

SHO Member
Reaction score
Also...worth asking, I guess...what are those stock wheels worth? Not planning to keep mine. 800 bucks for a set of the non flower 20s? No idea.

Kevin81

SHO Member
Reaction score
Went with the 20 x 9s, after looking into tire options. I decided to run a set of Michelin pilot sport 4s, in the 255 width. Really fills up the wheel well better, without a sacrifice on steering radius. My only gripes are, the center caps from the ford wheels don't fit snug in the new wheels. So, I used some weather sealer/RTV stuff to glue them in. I'm hoping that works! Can't super glue them, as when I get new tires, they'll get ruined. I also whited the Michelin on them for that race car look, lol.

Now I've only got 2 more things to do, visually. Plasti dip the chrome. And find and install a duck tail spoiler.

Performance wise, honestly, I think I might be done. E85 isn't coming to my state, likely, and I've no interest in having a tank of meth in my trunk. And honestly, this car is pretty fast. If I'm concerned about beating others at a race, well, there's ALWAYS someone faster. That's a game that never ends.

Kevin81

SHO Member
Reaction score
Oh, and for the tires...LOVE THEM. I've pushed them HARD, very predictable, lots of grip, way more than the previous set. I got them for 320$ each, they have slightly older DOTs, which I don't car about, they're in great shape. Last night I thought for SURE I'd cooked them, and was going to start a slide, but nope. Car just kept pulling on the entrance ramp, actually made ME nervous, which is hard to do. I highly recommend them, but the pilot sport 5s are coming out, so these are going by by. Good time to get deals on them. If you can find your size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike976

Members online