95 sho mtx breaking up at 6000 rpm

Reaction score
Still breaking up after 6000 rpm.there are a few plugs that have oil on them.i know I need to do valve cover gaskets and plug well seals,but just to check if it helped,i Changed plugs and wires.all from sho source. I don't daily this car if I don't have to(I have a mustang gt also),so don't bash me on changing plugs and wires first.it Made a big difference,but didn't totally fix it. Could the accel coil be a problem?? It was on car when I bought car over a year ago,and the car sat for two years before I bought it. I've heard the accel coil is junk.

luigisho

SHO Member
Reaction score
Some have had good experience with them. Many have not. I would not trust it but, to be true, would require testing under laod. I used to always have a used oem coil pack on the shelf (along with a second ccrm and pcm)

Reaction score
Update!!!! So I thought I fixed problem awhile back with car breaking up running it hard 6000 rpm and up. Well I didn't and it got worse and worse. I replaced plugs and wires last Sunday and it got a "little better" so I thought. Well then it got even worse. So I figured it had to be coil pack.just replaced it yesterday.problem fixed! Car runs better than ever!!!! Pulls all way to redline strong now. I replaced it with a cheap one on Amazon just to make sure it was the problem. It couldn't hurt, because the ****** accel coil was ****** apparently.thanks everyone for all the help. To anyone with an accel coil,get rid of it immediately.all the talk about them being junk is 100 percent accurate. Also to anyone who can help for future reference,where can I get a factory motor raft coil new?? Is it possible?? I hear they're the best out there.

luigisho

SHO Member
Reaction score
Glad you found it. I would get a used oem one from a parts car just in case. Accel quality on these is not good. There is no way to tell what the quality of the part you got is either. Certain electronic replacement parts are just not as proven as oem. Also I would fix the leaking valve covers.

Reaction score
Glad you found it. I would get a used oem one from a parts car just in case. Accel quality on these is not good. There is no way to tell what the quality of the part you got is either. Certain electronic replacement parts are just not as proven as oem. Also I would fix the leaking valve covers.
Ok thank you so much. Yes.i will get to valve covers as soon as I can.im a little nervous about doing them,but I will try to do them soon.luckilu I have my mustang to drive as well thanks alot man.

luigisho

SHO Member
Reaction score
Yes sir. It looks more daunting than it is. All long term owners like most of us have had to do them. There are writeups and help here to get it done when you are ready.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike976

Members online