'94 Fog lights

Deathacus

Reaction score
Hey there! Seems to be an impossible find, but I need fog lights, with bracket and bolt, for a late 94. Brilliant if anyone knows where to find them new, but it's looking like I'll have to settle for a good used set.

I know there are better alternatives but this is no longer my daily and I'd like to keep her stock (drove without 'em for a year anyway)

PaulTAutoX

SHO Member
Reaction score
New old stock, I doubt it, a good set of take-offs will probably have to do.

Years back I swapped in some PIAA yellow crystal fogs, in a shape that fit the Gen II well. They still had a nice sharp top cut-off pattern. I found they did cover the road edges / stripes well without shining in others' faces. But one of them took a rock and I am not sure if they are still available. FWIW I only rarely drive anywhere that I can use the high beams, so the fogs did a nice job of giving a little extra coverage and brightness.

luigisho

SHO Member
Reaction score
I had a set of clear fog lights with brackets and I am trying to remember if they were aftermarket replacements. I would email shosource and see if they have that info available. It was so long ago I can't remember the specifics. Do you happen to have oem ford part number?

Deathacus

Reaction score
Could you post a photo of those? I actually found lights in the trunk but I don't think they're factory.

zoomlater

SHO Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Deathacus

Reaction score
Oh dear, those are selling quick!
Gosh, they look like they fit but they are listed as being to 4/94, mine is a 6/94, should be a F4DZ number, can't find any pictures to see what the difference is.

The lenses themselves look good tho, the "NAL" on the lens threw me off, that's why I assumed the ones I had weren't original., guess Ford just picked an off the shelf kit and hoped no one would notice :p

luigisho

SHO Member
Reaction score
I don't remember any actual differences in physical size or how they operate electrically. Maybe they used different elements or lens cover? I mean they discontinued that version of the SHO in 95

Irish Pride

Irish Inside
Staff member
Super Moderators
Reaction score
The difference was the pigtail connecting the bulb to the body harness. The harness connector changed in mid 94. The fog lights themselves didn't change in any way. As long as you have the correct connector for your harness any of the Gen2 fogs will work.

-Chad

NoSlo

SHO Owner
Reaction score
Did you get the eBay ones? 46 sold, 0 remaining. Like other rockauto deals and such, probably snarfed up by a monopolistic sho parts reseller we see all the time.

I thought I had a pair, but didn't find them in five minutes of looking thru tubs of parts (but found a dozen N95 masks that must date from pre-pandemic). Probably tossed them and the little harnesses when downsizing the extra SHO I must have in the basement.

The one model of "upgrade" on the forum from 15 years ago has been discontinued for a while.

Deathacus

Reaction score
Yeah, I was waiting on a couple of *** but I panicked bought the last set. Just filled in the nick on the bumper so it'll be all set (I'll let yinz know how the Duplicolor green looks) (UPDATE: kinda light and too sparkly but it looks so much better than before.)

The difference was the pigtail connecting the bulb to the body harness. The harness connector changed in mid 94. The fog lights themselves didn't change in any way. As long as you have the correct connector for your harness any of the Gen2 fogs will work.

-Chad
Of course Ford would spend that R&D Just to mess with me. I'll have to see if I still have the harness going to the bulb. My luck is bad, it ain't THAT bad :p

(Yes, I still have them!)

Last edited: