8K Mile 1991 Ford SHO (+ 2 SHO Parts Cars)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShoGun-

Reaction score
little revival of this thread. I bought the car. Mileage is correct as Tillman said there is accidents in its history. I am currently going through the car now

Attachments

• IMG_6076.jpeg
    IMG_6076.jpeg
    392.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6075.jpeg
    IMG_6075.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6074.jpeg
    IMG_6074.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6070.jpeg
    IMG_6070.jpeg
    338.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6072.jpeg
    IMG_6072.jpeg
    361 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6073.jpeg
    IMG_6073.jpeg
    397.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6181.jpeg
    IMG_6181.jpeg
    353.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6183.jpeg
    IMG_6183.jpeg
    468.2 KB · Views: 26

ShoGun-

Reaction score
car had been wrecked into stationary object. Way back in the day. This car was at a towing company that I guess towed for the police quite a bit from what I gathered. But anyhow they ended up with the car the towing company an got ownership of the title years later an guess recently decided to sell it.. I drove 4 hrs in the car back to pa no hiccups on the way!!! All I did was put tires on it!! Drove like a brand new car. current mileage is in the picture

Attachments

• IMG_6265.jpeg
    IMG_6265.jpeg
    365.9 KB · Views: 21

ShoGun-

Reaction score
I am having issues with the secondaries closing when started. If anyone has to experience with the wiring for the secondaries would be much appreciated

luigisho

SHO Member
Reaction score
They are vacuum actuated and should be closed until the car reaches higher rpms to let the second set of runners flow more air. When the car is off or higher rpms they will be open. You could have vacuum leaks and other things if it is down on power. They are not naturally noticeably more powerful compared to modern cars as they were back in the day.

Last edited:

ShoGun-

Reaction score
There open right now they don’t move when the engine is started. They should close. Cars not down on power. There’s no vacuum leaks I replaced the solenoid an still no avail

ShoGun-

Reaction score
Not stuck.. move them by hand & I am not a noob on these cars this is my 3rd sho. I know my way around them just never had this issue.. no check engine light. Sry if I sound rude I don’t mean to come off that way at all. Just I covered pretty much everything you have asked me or sent me to check a few days ago

ShoGun-

Reaction score
I am thinking it’s something in the 2 wire harness for the solenoid luigisho.. or the pcm. I need a wiring schematic for the car it’s one of the only books I am missing

luigisho

SHO Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure how much experience you had working on these. We are probably about the same level. You should reach out to some of the folks that turn more wrenches on these cars than I do. Try Nick at Baysho, Irish Pride, Toolman, RubyDist, and a few others.

Irish Pride

Irish Inside
Staff member
Super Moderators
Reaction score
I have the same problem with a 1990 that I picked up over the summer. Start the car and the secondaries don't close. I ran vacuum directly to them and they close no problem so I know that it isn't a vacuum leak. Just for added assurances I pulled the intake and replaced the hoses with silicone. I swapped the canister and solenoid from another car and no change. I swapped the PCM from another car and no change so I'm positive it is a voltage issue somewhere between the solenoid and the PCM. I haven't messed with it any further to this point though. I have vacuum running directly from the intake to the secondaries right now so they are at least closed all the time and it's driveable. Mine did have a very noticeable power loss in the low end with the always open. This car has sat for several years too before I bought it so maybe I'll find a chewed wire or something once I dive back in it.

-Chad

ShoGun-

Reaction score
I was on sho source should I get a factory computer or the x2j they say is an upgrade. Is the x2j from the 93-95 sho’s plug a play a really an upgrade ?

ShoGun-

Reaction score
I just wanna get this thing up an going.. I put 4-5 hrs in on this thing a day for the last couple weeks an she is really looking nice. Paint looks beautiful on it after buffing it a little… getting a little excited. The sitting of this car never bothered me because of the mileage it really is a good car.. little elbow grease goes a long way !!

luigisho

SHO Member
Reaction score
X2J plug & play ? Like nothing else has to be done ?
All the manual transmission computers are interchangeable (plug and play). Maybe an exception for California cars?? Alot of people went to x2j because people getting tunes made, mostly used that model. Plus it was the latest update from Ford.

Irish Pride

Irish Inside
Staff member
Super Moderators
Reaction score
All the manual transmission computers are interchangeable (plug and play). Maybe an exception for California cars?? Alot of people went to x2j because people getting tunes made, mostly used that model. Plus it was the latest update from Ford.
This. As long as its not a Cali car with an EGR valve, the X2J is plug and play.

-Chad

Back