89-91 inner bumper wanted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timothy Vincent

Reaction score
Friend scraped off my bumper with their car. Bumper is fine but inner bumper is shattered. From what I understand the inner bumper of the Taurus SLO will fit with slight modification to fit my SHO bumper over top so that would do as well.

Called every junkyard near me and all said they didn’t have anything with the exception of 1 that said they have a ford section but don’t keep inventory so I gotta go check it out but I’m not hopeful.

Timothy Vincent

Reaction score
These things are old even for junkyards. You might have to expand how far you are willing to go to get what you need
I’m seeing that, I went and checked out that junkyard and there were an insane amount of Taurus. Must’ve been 20 jelly beans. Even found a red 2nd Gen mtx SHO but not a single 88-91 Taurus.

Are there any sister cars that might fit that you know of. I saw a similar year tempo with the bumper off and the brackets were pretty close but not a direct match. Got me thinking there might be other ford cars I may be able to look out for.

luigisho

SHO Member
Reaction score
Sable was the sister car but that is going to be a similar issue. Have you used one or more used parts search engine sites? That's usually my go to after local search. Also check with the SHO facebook group for parts and shosource. I would also message sv&hodan and see if he has anything. He's in Pittsburgh.

Timothy Vincent

Reaction score
I mean I have searched google pretty thoroughly but what used part websites are you referring to so I can check them out directly?

And thanks for the info. Will be checking that out today.

luigisho

SHO Member
Reaction score
Things like car-part.com, lkqonline, I forget the others. Also some local salvage yards belong to industry networks that can track down parts in different member yards around the country. I would contact Dan --sv&hoDan-- through the private message feature envelope icon. See if he has something that is not that far. Easy to grab it or shorter shipping distance.

FastCAD

SHO Member
Reaction score
Friend scraped off my bumper with their car. Bumper is fine but inner bumper is shattered. From what I understand the inner bumper of the Taurus SLO will fit with slight modification to fit my SHO bumper over top so that would do as well.

Called every junkyard near me and all said they didn’t have anything with the exception of 1 that said they have a ford section but don’t keep inventory so I gotta go check it out but I’m not hope

The junk yards say that as soon as they get a Taurus SLO they crush it but they will keep the SHO bumper for the $$$. There was a guy in Irving Texas (SOS Auto-Parts) who had a few rear taurus SLO bumpers that were new meaning they were copies $300. (see attachment). He would not ship just local pickup only which at best is another $500. I believe all of those were sold? I spoke to Roberterio Jarmillo trying to get more info about these bumpers but to no avail. I did notice that the auction houses will auction off the old Tauri for bids. This is where the bone yards get their cars to crush so that might be a possibility (pre-crush). Bring a trailer. LOL
Best to ya.

Attachments

• AQMkADAwATE2MjkxLTg2OWUtOGI3Yi0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAODQZhUAHh8T6Ufz1r77tThBwAZqtC9P+nWQ569tauGkX1mAA...pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Back