2014 interceptor seat swap

RB1

Reaction score
Good morning or evening. Wondering if anyone has swapped SHO seats into an interceptor of the same year? or if it's possible? I can get a set of front leather cooled heated 10 way in great shape. Way nicer than the cloth seats in it now. If anyone has or knows about this I thank you in advance for any help.

RB

skyshadow07

On a mission to get below 4000lbs
Reaction score
I would imagine it would mount in place no problem but any electronics that the SHO seats offer will not work on the interceptor if the previous seats did not have those features. i.e. if the SHO seats are heated but the interceptor was not equipped with that, there will do not harness or pigtail to connect that feature.

SeanDev

SHO Member
Reaction score
As a owner of a 2013 interceptor, I did the rear seat conversion, there was no wiring present to add heated seats that I could find. But if you are going through and doing the conversion, here is my link to my step by step, please read comments, because i did have to mention some things in more detail. There is a lot of bracing that has to come out in order for factory seat to work.

SeanDev

SHO Member
Reaction score
And by the way the rear civilian are all the same, it's the front seats that changed in 2013.

skyshadow07

On a mission to get below 4000lbs
Reaction score
I was thumbing through that thread, what is that badass body stiffening brace thing? That looks metal as ****! If I was trying to build a full race SHO, I would definitely throw that in.

Last edited:

Ta2dResqr

SHO Member
Reaction score
I was thumbing through that thread, what is that badass body stiffening brace thing? That looks metal as ****! If I was trying to build a full race SHO, I would definitely through that in.
It is part of the FPIS package. The FPIS is rated for a 75-mph rear impact. (protect a stopped cop car's occupants on the freeway) This requires the bracing and full-size spare to be achieved. (among other things)

SeanDev

SHO Member
Reaction score
I was thumbing through that thread, what is that badass body stiffening brace thing? That looks metal as ****! If I was trying to build a full race SHO, I would definitely throw that in.
That Brace was installed so the interceptor would have a higher rear crash rating. When removed it reverts to civilian crash rating. Supposedly with the bracing the interceptor could sustain a 75mph impact and you could still open front doors. I should have read the answer above, that part was already answered for you. It has nothing to do with rollover. Only rear impact. And with the front seats, to go civilian, you have to modify the connector. Even the seat belt latches in the front are unique to the interceptor. I kept my cloth seats, leather without heated/cooled option would be torture.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theexo

Members online