2011 sho rwd

Varble

Reaction score
Hi everyone I was wondering if it's possible to swap out a mustang rear end into my sho to make it rear wheel drive?

luigisho

SHO Member
Reaction score
With alot of money or high level skill sure. Can you just bolt it in? I don't think anyone even looked into it.

luigisho

SHO Member
Reaction score
Yes. and if it's the 5.0 swap he chopped the **** out of the car. Did you get info about the rear end only? I'd be interested to see the measurement differences.

luigisho

SHO Member
Reaction score
This is in the older n/a SHO section. To get more eyeballs from ecoboost model members you need to post it in the GenIV section.

SM105K

Streetlight Grand Prix Champ/ IG @fafomotorsports
Reaction score
It will take a lot of money and a lot of fabrication. You will need to turn the engine. That will involve new mounts and new mounting tabs. You will need to fabricate all new cold side piping, and possibly new intake piping. You would need to alter fuel lines, battery cables, ect.

Items on the front end would need to be changed. Remember you are removing a complete drive train.

Next would be transmission. You won't be able to use the 6F55 transmission. You would probably need to change the converter. Then find a suitable replacement trans. Next would be the modification of the trans tunnel, and building of the trans member, and mounting tabs. Also you would have to figure if the CPU could even control the new trans. Then drive shaft.

A full custom exhaust from downpipes to tail pipes would have to be routed, and then built.

Next up be would rear end. Are you going go solid or stay IRS? Of course you would need to figure out how to put it in the car as well.

As you can see, it just isn't a simple swap. If it were, it would have already been done.

Varble

Reaction score
It will take a lot of money and a lot of fabrication. You will need to turn the engine. That will involve new mounts and new mounting tabs. You will need to fabricate all new cold side piping, and possibly new intake piping. You would need to alter fuel lines, battery cables, ect.

Items on the front end would need to be changed. Remember you are removing a complete drive train.

Next would be transmission. You won't be able to use the 6F55 transmission. You would probably need to change the converter. Then find a suitable replacement trans. Next would be the modification of the trans tunnel, and building of the trans member, and mounting tabs. Also you would have to figure if the CPU could even control the new trans. Then drive shaft.

A full custom exhaust from downpipes to tail pipes would have to be routed, and then built.

Next up be would rear end. Are you going go solid or stay IRS? Of course you would need to figure out how to put it in the car as well.

As you can see, it just isn't a simple swap. If it were, it would have already been done.
I wanted to put a V8 in it and 5 speed

Ta2dResqr

SHO Member
Reaction score
I wanted to put a V8 in it and 5 speed
Time to start with a fab shop. This would be a complete 1 off. It is not going to be bolting in a mustang rearend. You are taking a transverse awd chassis and making it a longitude rwd. Back to the original answer... it will take a lot of money and high skill level. You will essentially end up with a Taurus shell on a tube chassis. I would start with a base model Taurus as there won't be anything SHO left.

Varble

Reaction score
Time to start with a fab shop. This would be a complete 1 off. It is not going to be bolting in a mustang rearend. You are taking a transverse awd chassis and making it a longitude rwd. Back to the original answer... it will take a lot of money and high skill level. You will essentially end up with a Taurus shell on a tube chassis. I would start with a base model Taurus as there won't be anything SHO left.
Yes I know I got my sho for free so

luigisho

SHO Member
Reaction score
Again it's alot of money or skill and usually a combo of both. You can do it. Is it worth doing? That's something only you can decide.

Ecoboost_xsport

SHO Member
Reaction score
Man, a carbed engine? What a joke.

Hilarious. First, thats going backwards. You've limited yourself with tuning.

Second, you said you essentially wanted a street able car. With a build like this, there is zero way to make this function as a unit if getting rid of the EFI system.

How are you going to feed it fuel? The stock setup is already underpowered as it is. Oh gut the fuel system? Well whats controlling the PWM driver module?

This whole idea has gone from "hey pretty cool" to "clown show" pretty rapidly.

The level of fabrication required can't be done using your $35 Harbor Freight Pittsburg MIG welder.

You clearly have ZERO clue what you're talking about, much less what you're doing and it's obvious you're just a tire kicker here to stir the *** and be a troll.

What you're talking about doing will take you AT LEAST 20 to 30K and that's WITH you doing the work (which you can't do). The research and adapting you're going to have to do is astronomical and will likely net you no gains. The 347 you're talking about is heavy.

You'd be better off doing a Coyote, or h-e-l-l, even an LS swap. It isn't impossible. But I showed you the link to TOOKOFFs channel and what's required for his LS swap. And he does mostof the work himself....you are NO tookoff.

What's your background? What level of fabrication skills do you have? You are asking about "rear diff width", which tells me you are asking all the wrong questions. And not even asking it right. You mean the rear differential? Well that thing is only about 8" across. Or did you meant the distance between the rear axles? Smdh....amateur hour.

Kind of annoying when teenage tire kickers come on here swearing they can do something when they clearly have no idea what they are talking about or doing.

I don't mind a thought experiment and discussion on the merits of something like this, but to come on here saying what you're saying...smh...crazy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erasethegrey

Members online