1992 SHO rear trunk latch replacement

Bryan

Glamour Bird 1969
Reaction score
Hey guys going to be replacing my trunk latch on my 1992 SHO. Question is how do you get the manual release cable reattached?

EDIT: Sorry I meant manual.

Last edited:

Bryan

Glamour Bird 1969
Reaction score
Following: I have the same job to do.
Okay so after playing around with the car I found that in order to get the manual trunk cable released from the trunk latch (without breaking it), is to go into the car and un-bolt the manual release itself. Which means removing the plastic strip, pulling the carpet back and removing the door molding. Then lift up and twist the manual release and pop the cable out of the trunk release lever this will give you enough slack to get it out of the trunk latch. Beware though the plastic tabs on the trunk latch which hold the manual release cable are VERY fragile. The break real easy when you are trying to get it out of the trunk latch. I ended up on mine breaking off one of the tabs. However it still works once I put it back together. Trunk release is held in place by two bolts under the door molding. There is also a small screw holding the plastic cover down under the two levers. It's a bit of a pain to get the manual release up and out as you don't have a lot of slack on the cables. You got just enough to pull it up and twist it sideways to get the cable out from the lever itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dodas

Members online

No members online now.