15 Lincoln MKS - Daily Driver Build Plan

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderators
Reaction score
According to the paperwork I have aquired the Ford body shop did $12k in work before the insurance company gave up. One line item was BioHazard Remediation!!! The body shop lady said it was blood n guts EVERYWHERE.

No way if he ran it over(if it went underneath the car) there would be blood all over, unless he hit it and it through the windshield.

Either way, awesome find and please continue this as a build thread and take lots of pics and post them up here!!

InTheHills

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way if he ran it over(if it went underneath the car) there would be blood all over, unless he hit it and it through the windshield.

Either way, awesome find and please continue this as a build thread and take lots of pics and post them up here!!
There were deer part covering every nook and cranny of the under carriage of the car. The Body shop charged for biohazard remediation... likely before they worked on the under carriage.

Ta2dResqr

SHO Member
Reaction score
There were deer part covering every nook and cranny of the under carriage of the car. The Body shop charged for biohazard remediation... likely before they worked on the under carriage.
Very likely. It is amazing what little bumps, bolt heads, bends, etc. will catch. I have done a few of these and even after putting it on a lift and power washing the whole thing, you still find pieces and parts everywhere. It is crazy also, how hair seems to wedge itself in between "mating surfaces" that are bolted tight together.

InTheHills

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a a trip to the dealer yesterday that was good and bad. I jsut haven't had time to type it all up but the short version is that they did about half what I hoped and want $2,250 to do the last fix. I will write more later when I have time and coffee.

InTheHills

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long Overdue Update on the trip to the Ford Dealer... some good and some bad. This is the list that I asked them to do.

Ford Dealer Appointment:
Crash Warning - On Startup
Adaptive Cruise Control - No Cruise Control At All
BG - Power Flush of Trans - TPU - RDU - Hopefully fill with Amsoil or Redline
Inspect Around Water Pump For Any Leaks
Seat air filter FS-104 & Cabin air filter FP68 -

Crash Warning and Adaptive Cruise were fixed by doing some kind of software re-install of the forward facing camera? I dont recall exactly but I know that I only paid $90 to get rid of the error and have ACC again! We have LOTS of twisty 2 lane roads here and when you get stuck behind a slow poke it can push even the best of us towards madness. ACC takes most of this away. Set the cruise for 60 and let it follow the slow poke at their speed for 6 miles until you know where there is a safe and legal passing lane. Turn on the radio, crank up the volume and jsut hang out and wait! LOVE ACC.

They did the BG Power FLush on Trans. From here on out ill do the drain and fill at oil changes.

I was hoping the BG Power Flush would get the 80k miles of sludge from my PTU / RDU so I tried. Bo such luck. I got the old 'PTU is not serviceable and RDU must be removed from car to service'. Oh well. I have an AMSOIL order on the way to start my own slow flush of those.

Claimed that the water pump area was dry as a bone... Hopefully ok for a few more miles!

No Air Filters in sight.

But the one other thing I asked was about a thump or clunk I get on mid speed potholes. I also get a strange VRRRRR,VRRRR,VRRRR through the steering wheel randomly. It can happen anytime but usually in turns and it is alawys a series of 3 equal duration and length vibrations. Well they said Steering Gear / Rack n Pinion... at $2400. That was $1800 for the part and $600 for install. Ugh.

I am looking into Steering rack options. It looks like $1100 from Tasca, $400 from Detroit Axle and $350 from a wrecker with more miles than my car. I have also seen some talk of the R&P needing to be dealer programed after install. Im going to find the least expensive way I can to do this. I think my ideal solution would be to DIY the Detroit Axle but this is still TBD.

I did take her for an 80 mile loop to run a few errands. I LOVE this car. I even named this girl "JOY". I have always loved sleeper cars and this does take me back to my early days in South FL flying around in a tinted Lincoln Mark VII with a built 5.0. This Tanish Silver, Tinted, Stock looking MKS with Dysfunctional Veteran plates jsut flys way under the radar. Im sure I can get pulled over but I think I would have to be doing something VERY fun.

I have a bunch of stuff I can do while impatiently waiting for my package from GearHead.

Install K&N Air Filter & UPR Catch Can.
Clean Battery, De-Sticker, De-Badge
Deep Clean, Paint Correction & Ceramic

Oh I did go to Mexico and try some simple 0-60 test with nothing but my fumbling fingers and a cell. Id guess somewhere around 5.5 sec but one day ill pay up for Draggy.

Ta2dResqr

SHO Member
Reaction score
No Air Filters in sight.

I have also seen some talk of the R&P needing to be dealer programed after install.
Have you checked the seat filters? My 2015 SHO already had the FS-106 installed. It is basically a plastic grill. Pro - Never needs replaced. Con - Doesn't really "filter".

Cabin filter is readily available on Rockauto. I personally stepped up to the Bosch HEPA filter over a FoMoCo replacement.

Check into ForScan. It has most of the factory tests/programming. I have not checked for the R&P programming. I do know that the ACC/Lane Keeping camera/sensor programming is available. I took my sensor off while installing my intercooler and a couple other parts. It was a easy initiate program and drive above ## speed for # miles (I forget the specifics).

InTheHills

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you checked the seat filters? My 2015 SHO already had the FS-106 installed. It is basically a plastic grill. Pro - Never needs replaced. Con - Doesn't really "filter".

Cabin filter is readily available on Rockauto. I personally stepped up to the Bosch HEPA filter over a FoMoCo replacement.

Check into ForScan. It has most of the factory tests/programming. I have not checked for the R&P programming. I do know that the ACC/Lane Keeping camera/sensor programming is available. I took my sensor off while installing my intercooler and a couple other parts. It was a easy initiate program and drive above ## speed for # miles (I forget the specifics).
Thank you for all the info.

Do you have the Part $ for the Bosch HEPA filter that you use?

I need to get more familiar with ForScan in many ways.