Rusty rockers as we all know, is a problem that plagues our cars. It seems Ford was VERY sparing with any type of rust preventive coating and this has led to many a SHO meeting the crusher before its time. I've decided to document my replacement of the rocker skins on my 95 in hopes of getting a few more years out of her. So without further adieu.......... THE CARNAGE!! First I got some 20 gauge galvi bent up to a template I made on my miniature brake. A local sheetmetal fabricator bent up four 6' sections for me for $50. Next was to remove all of the outer skin. I cut a straight line front to rear and removed ALL the rusty metal. A 60 grit flapper wheel on a 4.5" grinder removed the metal on the pinch seam and inner rocker support. I'll be rosette welding the new skin on, so a clean surface is imperative! Here you can see the straight cut and the new rocker mocked into place. I've tucked the new skin under the original sheetmetal. The new skin is a bit long so I trimmed it back in the front. I'll be making a templates out of cardboard and fabbing caps that will box the ends of the rocker in. Also, I need to fabricate a new pinch seam for the very front where the fender bolts to the body underneath. Finally in this installment I've drilled all the holes in the pinch seam where I'll be rosette welding it to the body. That's it until I can get back to it Saturday. The black flies and mosquitoes are too much to take in the late afternoon! Stay tuned!