So, this is my attempt at doing what little we can to improve the PTU with what is currently available. I’d also like to make it a resource for those of you looking for detailed photos of the latest version of our PTUs (which has the cooler). I’ve completely torn down the PTU, and sourced all brand-new seals for it. I will keep the photos at max resolution so apologies for their size, but some may find it helpful. Well, looks like the XSport is beginning to experience some of those dreaded PTU failure symptoms. Last time I was underneath the truck, I saw quite a bit of oil covering the body of the PTU, and soaking the portion of the exhaust that sits underneath it. It hasn’t failed, in that I don’t have any drivability issues yet, but it is coming I’m sure. I will say, that I have NOT been proactive with changing of the fluid. Not because I’m lazy but because I was not aware of the PTU issues until very recently. Call it my ignorance on it, but regardless, I’m glad I caught it when I did. It’s a 2015 with just a hair over 30K miles on it. I don’t drive it much, believe it or not, this is pretty much my dedicated project car. Anyway, being the consummate prepper that I am, and wanting to keep downtime to a minimum, I went and purchased a brand new one before I am even taking the old one out. Ford Part Number: DG1Z-7251-F My punch list for things I want to accomplish with this: Change drain plug to bottom of case in order to ensure complete drainage of fluid when performing oil changes. Extend hose from vent to top of engine bay to facilitate future oil changes and fills. Send all gears and cast components to receive WPC treatment (www.wpctreatment.com). Send all gears, cast components, bearings and case to receive cryogenic treatment (www.nitrofreeze.com). If possible, research possible higher quality bearings to replace existing ones. Apply gold metallic radiant heat reflection material to outside of case.